Independent School District #858
St. Charles Public Schools
Community Task Force on Facilities
The St. Charles School Board formed a 27 community member task force (click here to see the roster of community members on the task force) in the fall of 2018 to help explore solutions for the following issues:
The School District recognizes that this is not an exhaustive list and that other issues may be identified and deemed of greater priority by our community as we work through out facility planning process.
- Space for Community Ed Programs (ECFE, School Readiness/Preschool, Early Childhood Special Education, and SACC);
- Space for multi-purpose indoor recreation;
- Space for student and community gatherings and events (a commons area);
- Security improvements at both buildings;
- Updates to multiple instructional areas (we have a number of areas that need to be improved and brought into the 21st Century: Science, CTE, elective programming, and our high school media center);
- Parking improvements to both campuses;
- Food Service serving, prep, and storage areas;
- Improvements to outdoor facility competition, practice, and spectator areas;
- Access to green space for physical education, outdoor activities programs, and the potential future growth of our schools; and
- Updates to a number of restrooms (both in our buildings and outside) to promote better accessibility.
The task force is charged with providing community input to the St. Charles School Board on the following items:
- Review the varying capital facility needs for current and future student programming, provide input on those needs and confirm support or lack there-in by issue;
- Review the varying budget proposals by capital facility need and confirm support or lack there-in by issue;
- Provide input on funding options which may include, but not be limited to bond referendum and confirm support or lack there-in by option; and
- Review possible/potential referendum formats by issue/option, provide input and confirm support or lack there-in by option.
The task force started meeting in October, and has three upcoming meetings scheduled for December 17, 2018, January 28, 2019, and February 25, 2019. Meetings start at 6:30 p.m. and are held in the St. Charles High School Library at 600 East 6th Street, St. Charles, MN 55972.
You can view the most recent Facility Planning Progress Timeline, Meeting Agendas, Meeting Minutes, Task Force Presentations, Presentations to Community Stakeholders, and Issue Articles providing background information on the issues the School District is seeking solutions for by clicking the links below.
If you have questions, please contact Jeff Apse, Superintendent of Schools at or 507-932-4420.